Due to the extraordinary situation that we are dealing with, in relation to COVID-19, and in order to assure social responsibility and security, we have made the decision to postpone the Ada Byron Prize to October and, consequently, to extend the call.
The call will be open from 31st January 2020 to 4th September 2020 at 17:00.
The winner will receive prize of 3,000 euros and it will be awarded during the ForoTech 2020 meetings, which will be held in October at the University of Deusto Engineering Faculty.
An independent panel, made up of leading figures from the academic, business and institutional world will consider the nominations and propose a winner.
Who is eligible for the award?
Any women who meets the following requirements:
- Be of legal age and resident in Spain.
- Hold a university degree in Engineering and/or have developed a technological career in technology.
- Relevance of the innovative contributions made during their scientific or professional career.
- Value of additional degrees (postgraduate or PhD degrees)
- Ability to perform different activities through networking with other people and entities.
- Ability to share knowledge and achievements through public dissemination.
- Ability to overcome difficulties, including, where appropriate, those resulting from their status as women, and those generated by the need to reconcile their personal, family and work/professional life.
- Contribution to support women’s presence in the scientific field and promote changes in that field towards greater equality.